Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Prepping for...Issac!

So it's been a while since either of us have posted anything...it's been a wild and crazy start to the year.  I was planning to post pictures of my classroom, but today I had to prep it for the possibility of flooding and other hurricane-related damage.  So here's what it looks like right now...

The large open area?  That's where my carpet goes.  This is my whole group teaching area.
 

 
There's my carpet...on one of the tables. 
 


In March, our school received about 16 inches of rain in about 2 hours or less.  We had a massive flood on our hands!  I had two little puddles in my classroom that day: one inside the back door and one by the air conditioning vent (which is right by the floor).  So I learned from that experience to pick up anything around my back door, which has sandbags outside it also.

Hopefully I will be back soon with pictures of my classroom- set up for the students to use!

 
Roscoe says "Hello!"  He's our class mascot.
Katie :)
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment